Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sock Monkey Tutorial!

Summer Camping Trip With Sock

My dad got my three year old Jaxxon a sock monkey for Christmas when he was a baby. We all thought it was a hilarious gift, but oddly enough that was the only thing he wanted to play with. To this day he still drags it around everywhere with him, and if we forget it at home he throws a royal fit. His name is "Sock" (go figure), and he even has a theme song "I am a sock monkey, I am a sock monkey, I like to swing all day, and eat off all the plates!" At least that's what I translated from three year old gibberish. Jaxxon hates it when we throw Sock in the washer, but he often needs it. Last year he got a tear on his eye and Jaxxon told us it was because Sock was swinging in the trees and eating banana pies.

                                                            Hunting Trip With Sock Monkey

Sock is such a big part of Jaxxon's life, and I wanted to buy Riley a monkey too since my parents bought one for my 6 year old Jacob last year. I had a hard time finding any cute girly monkeys, but then I found this tutorial! It is soo cute, and looks super easy. I'm no whiz with the sewing machine, I consider myself a novice at best, but I am going to give this a shot. Let me know if you try it and how it works out for you! You can find the tutorial at Craft Passion HERE. Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment